General Statement of Duties
Under close supervision, performs limited and well-defined inspections and collects samples of commercial and industrial discharges to ensure compliance with local, state and federal health and safety codes.
Works under the direction of the Industrial Pretreatment Coordinator (IPC) and/or others as assigned, collaborates with other PCWRA team members on issues or tasks that interface with IP areas of responsibility. This position requires a 40-hour workweek. Maintaining an acceptable MVR is required as this position must use a company vehicle.
• Performs inspections, samples and provides evidence for enforcement actions as part of the PCWRA Industrial Pretreatment Program.
• Ensures Oil/Grease and Sand/Oil interceptors are appropriately maintained through quarterly inspections and correspondence with business owners/operators. Inspects interior facilities annually. Maintains documentation, including computer data entry, file maintenance, and related clerical tasks, and provides quarterly reports to management.
• Ensures compliance with the PCWRA Code Rules and Regulations, and state, and federal pretreatment regulations of industrial and commercial facilities; including food service establishments and petroleum, oil, grease and sand facilities.
• Performs maintenance on Industrial Pretreatment equipment and instrumentation, including calibrations.
• Assists with enforcement activities to include inspections, sampling, documentation and testifying.
• Assists IPC with Significant and Categorical facility inspections as needed.
• Provides advice to industries, local government, commercial facilities, and food service establishments, while assisting them to interpret and adhere to regulations and compliance procedures.
• Investigates and determines the need for formal enforcement. Makes recommendations to IPC.
• Evaluates unauthorized discharges to PCWRA.
• Performs special projects or other duties as assigned.
These duties are not all-inclusive but represent items that are critical to successfully accomplishing this particular position.
For more information, please click the link to see the full job description
Contact : Lissa Oelkers
Director of Administrative Services
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled